Here’s another quilt block tutorial coming your way! This time we’re looking at how to make the Diamond Square Block!
I’ve received so many requests from all you to show you how to piece this block/quilt together!
So here it is for you to make and turn into a lovely quilt, just like I have!
PS. I decided to make the following block using a range of pink printed fabrics, as I was so ready for a change from using so many blues!!
This block is made up of x16 5″ HSTs and measures approx. 18.5″ squared.
Measurement & Cutting info:
You will need to cut:
– x8: 5.5″ white squares
– x8: 5.5″ squares from an assortment of print or coloured fabric (x1 of each)
A quick low-down of the steps to take:
1. Pair, sew, cut, press and trim the squares to make x16 HSTs.
2. Lay out the HSTs into the Diamond Square block design.
3. Sew the squares into four rows of four.
4. Press each seam on the back of the rows flat open.
5. Sew each of the four rows together to form the block.
6. Press and square up the block to finish.
For more detailed instructions on how to make this block, simply follow along with the steps in the video!
I can’t believe that some of you have already been sharing your completed blocks with me on Instagram (which I absolutely love, btw!), you’re creativeness and fabric choices always blow me away! If you would like to share your blocks/quilts with me, you’re always more than welcome to by tagging me on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter!
FYI: If your Instagram account is set to private and I don’t follow you, I won’t be able to see your photos when you tag me!! If this is the case, send me an email letting me know you’ve tagged me and I’ll do my best to find you on Instagram so I can give you a big fat LIKE and some wonderful words of positivity and encouragement!! 😀
Happy Sewing, Friends!!